Monday, October 14, 2013

Best Roller Coaster Ride Yet to Come


Week 24                           Flame your Faith                  October 7th 2013

So everyone tells me the missionary just gets better with time, but seriously I don´t know if anything could surmount this past week. It was... for lack of better words, off the charts.  Sooo mayber I take that back, cuz our numbers were really low and there weren´t any baptisms, BUT I practically did everything a missionary doesn´t have the priviledge of doing. 
So let´s begin... Tuesday we recieved a call from President McMullin, bueno our phone wasn´t working for a day so the Elders in San Jorge walked all the way to our house cuz it was urgent that president needed to talk to us.  Hermana Goimarac was goin home early.  Bueno we practically had a half week cuz of packing and doing recuerdo shopping/imigration stuff and conference.  The office elders also brought furniture to our house cuz we will now have 4 sisters serving in Loma.  Ya I am splitting and organizing the area!! AHHHH!! So much to do so little time! Pray for me! Can I do this??
Friday I was priviledged to go with the Hermana Goimarac and Hermana Homer to immigrations and then recuerdo shopping.  Got some fun stuff but I won´t say cuz i want it to be a surprise.  Also I am sending stuff home with Elder Bredguard on Wednesday. Sent a Christmas gift home with Hermana Goimarac.  So ya she left last night. It was hard to see her go and I am a little nervous cuz today I recieved notice that I, yes I Hermana Hillary Owen will now be training!!! Who knows if it will be a latino or norte americano pero vamos a saber en miercoles.  Me voy a las 8 en la mañana.  There are apparantly more north americans than latinos.  Hermana Toctaquiza is with me until then here in Loma otra vez :)  and she will be training as well!!   She´s now a grandma (cuz I will be training- mi primera hija).   

Anyway, Friday was like a free day, right?   I went to the distribution center with them, and out to eat (got a yummy hummus plate) and the best part... GOT TO DO A TEMPLE SESSION WITH THEM!!! It was so perfect cuz it was hermana goimarac, hermana homer (other hna goin home), hermana mcmullin (pres. wife), hermana fuller (the nurse), and I ... well along with other paraguayans.  But seriously I am VERY lucky that I got this opportunity. Cuz we only get to go to the temple once a year and at the end of our missions.  The spirit was so incredible.  It was such a boost, especially before conference.  

Cool story, we were in the temple in the waiting room studying from 2 to 3:30 until sessions started and hna fuller and mcmullin came.  Anyway the electrical power was out in the area. The temple president came and sat down to tell us the sad news that we might not be able to do a session cuz the movie and lights keep goin out.  Hna Goimarac was a little heart broken.  It had to happen.  I took all the faith I had and hoped with high expectations that of course it would work :)  As we were sitting and waiting I went into the room next door (bueno the shower in the bathroom haha) knelt down and prayed.  I prayed in faith, asking for this session to work and believing that it would.  IT DID. :)  Oh it was such a treat to be there again.  A lady in our ward, Hna Suarrez (LOVE HER!!) helped me is the session.  It was a  little tender mercy cuz we are really close with her family. Seriously I was so lucky that I got to do that, I don´t think you guys realize.

Conference was awesome wasn´t it.  There were so many good talks.  I got to watch one in English and the rest in Spanish.  It was hard to pay attention to the ones in Spanish.  

Also after Conference,  I had el gran privilegio a comer en la casa del Presidente McMullin. One, their house is a mansion.  I definitely did not feel like I was in Paraguay.  It was so fun.  They made us feel like family.  We were treated to salad, delicious chicken, mash potatoes, and BROCCOLI!! Tambien Erin their cute 15 yr old made donut muffins (with cinnamon sugar on top) and Hermana Mcmullin made us cake with homemade whip cream for dessert. Afterward, we sat down on CLEAN soft COUCHES and shared testimonies.  Then their family skyped in and we said a quick hello and then it was off to Hermana Fuller´s house where I said goodbye to Hermana Goimarac (tear) and sweet Hermana Homer.   We picked up the infamous Hermana Toctaquiza!!! and Presidente brought us back here to Loma.  
So Erin is so cute and reminds me a ton of Ellie in her mannerisms and the way she talks.  She asked me if she could come on splits with me one time.  That´s just where she comes out with my comp and I.  Well that sums up the amazing week.  My heart is full and seriously I have so many emotions running through me right now.  Am I really going to train?!!   If the Lord trusts me, hey I trust him.  It´s kinda like hiking the first climb of a roller coaster.  I just want to close my eyes and get rid of the anxiety that is building in my stomach.  But hey who knows this might be the best roller coaster ride yet!  I'll hold on tight.   Work my hardest.  I know I´m going to learn a lot.  I am pretty much organizing two new areas cuz two new sisters are comin (already said that).  So got a big climb ahead. I will keep you all updated. For now, I am puttin my faith in the Lord.  I loved the talk, ¨Lord, I Believe¨ by Jeferey R. Holland in conference on Saturday.  first and forever fan the flame of your faith, because all things are possible to them that believe.

Sorry that coppied a little  large :) but he is awesome.  Love you all so so much.  This gospel is incredible. Remember the Lord hears your prayers, and is aware of every tiny little thing or concern in your life.  He loves us so much.  

xoxox
Con Cariña y animos :)
Hermana Owen


           Sister Goimarac, her last companion who just got home on the 9th - and their Green Juice - Yum


No comments:

Post a Comment