Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Monkey Business

          Buenos Días!   This week was awesome!  Hna Tomco is absolutely a trooper... at everything.  You could ask this girl to move a mountian and she could.  We are getting along great and making tons of memories.  Friday we were out working and we had this prompting to clap at this one house who´s door was open. As we walked past I felt this ¨family spirit¨ just radiating from this house.  Well lo and behold, we got a new family who are super open and interested in the gospel.  It was probably one of the best lessons Hna Tomco and I have taught yet.  It just flowed by the spirit.  I love being with someone who knows the language and lesson material.  It is amazing how the spirit works.
   
Last week, I forgot to mention a neat experience we had.   We were out teaching an investigator (Heri pronounced Eddy)  with Araseli (18 yr old from the ward who i seriously want to be best friends with the rest of my life) and he was in serious need of help. We were trying so hard to teach him lesson one but he was just wanted to unload his sad life/ story to us and tell us how aweful his life is and that he has faith but God isn´t doing anything.  Well a conference talk popped in my head from Pte. Monson (didn´t have it on me then) about having faith through trials... from this last conference. He seemed so helpless. The elders were teaching him at first and I think he has kinda of adopted us more as therapy.  We have listened to him a ton and we really feel he needs to listen to us, or at least recieve lesson one about Joseph Smith.  It would help clear up a lot of things.  We finished the lesson and he then called the elders to see if they could come the next morning to visit.   He told them that we were over and how awful he was doing.  As we were walking to the gate to leave, it being 9:30 or so, the office elders pulled up infront of Heri´s house. A sudden wave of the spirit, as if crashing right at Heri´s front gate just hit us.  I am not kidding.  I have never felt the presence of the Priesthood so strong. It was unreal.  I am so grateful for worthy priesthood holders and the blessing they are to us.  

The mission is incredible.  I think I kind of got overwhelmed though with the new year and thinking i need to be perfect.  I found a great quote in my little book for missionaries from Elder John A. Widtsoe.  He said, ¨Expect perfection in no man.¨  He is so right.  We are all here to progress, all here to learn, and find the path the Lord prepared.  It said, ¨look for the virtures in man, not the faults.¨ I really liked that because it is so easy to get caught up about something someone doesn´t do, or doesn´t do good, and just faults in general. I am striving to have a better outlook, not only on others but on myself, learning to see myself as my Father in Heaven does.  

Love you all so much!
xoxo

Love Hermana Owen

Out first Big Meeting with Presidente

Merry Christmas with Hermana Buss

Darling uncle and his nephew in Yby Yau

Kisses for Clever, the monkey.  



No comments:

Post a Comment