Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Chipa, Asado, and the Savior

                   Week 51                     I Feel My Saviors Love                      
               
Happy Easter!!!  I had an incredible week and those who have not watched the video yet should watch, ¨Because of Him,¨ I watched it but without sound and I was almost to tears. It is incredible.  I was reflecting on Him this week, gave a talk in Sacrament yesterday on the sacrament and Sabbath Day.  I was reading a ton and studying a ton about His invitation to Come Unto Him.  One of BYU professor´s for Book of Mormon (Bro. Johnson),  always said, that is the theme of the Book of Mormon.  I love 3 Nephi 9:14, ¨Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me.¨  His arms really are extended towards us. If you doubt it, please get on your knees and pray to know, pray for humility to know that we are never too good, or
too far, or too old, or too young to know the Savior´s love for us and feel is warm embrace.  He lives and I know He is our Savior.  He loves us and desires our safety, victory, comfort,  and salvation more than we know.

The song ¨I feel my Savior´s Love¨ Kept popping into my head these past few days.  Do you ever feel like what you are studying/preparing for others ends up being exactly what YOU needed?


1. I feel my Savior's love
In all the world around me.
His Spirit warms my soul
Through ev'rything I see.

2. I feel my Savior's love;
Its gentleness enfolds me,
And when I kneel to pray,
My heart is filled with peace.

3. I feel my Savior's love
And know that he will bless me.
I offer him my heart;
My shepherd he will be.

4. I'll share my Savior's love
By serving others freely.
In serving I am blessed.
In giving I receive.

He Knows I will follw Him
Give all my life to Him
I feel my Savior´s love
The love he freely gives me

I pray that I and that we may all give our lives to him.  Consecrate our time, talents, and service to Him.  I was reading this morning in 3 Nephi 12:13 about being the salt of the earth.  Don´t lose what you know to be true.  I  love you all so much!!!   Xoxo                  Love, Hermana Owen

A 7x7 is when we complete all our goals every day of the week.  Monday we got all the lessons we had planned to teach, all the references we wanted to get, and new investigators :)  would you believe that we invite people to be baptized EVERY DAY!?  at least i didn´t realize that before the mission but it´s an everyday ordeal :)

          Mom i love you. promise i am being safe.  KEEP opening your mouth.  D&C33:10  Read this it will give you more desires and excitement i love this verse!                xoxo love hilly

P.S.  There is an interesting photo attached (bottom) of some bread... that would be CHIPA!! It was Semana Santa this past week.  Here in Paraguay it is a tradition to make chipa and EVERYONE makes A TON and gives you it FREE!!!  Best. Day. EVER!  I love chipa!  Although, we still have a
huge bag in our fridge haha.


and this photo of just me is when we ran home our first night in the house and we were drenched literally drenched in sweat!!   serious good times!

Sunday Asado on Easter con familia Rios

Hermana Gutierrez made magic bread

Chipa Chipa Chipa


No comments:

Post a Comment