Monday, November 18, 2013

ME VOY !!!


13 And it acame to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.
 14 And I will also ease the aburdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand asbwitnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their cafflictions.
 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord didastrengthen them that they could bear up their bburdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with cpatience to all the will of the Lord.
Found this scripture this week when I was a little down about my numbers and what not. Sometimes we just find ourselves in a gutter and don´t know how to get out. Everyone should read ¨After All We Can Do¨ by Robbie Pierce.  The Lord always has his arms out stretched to us even when we are blind to the fact.  I was reminded of a simple truth this past week when I received a letter from a friend.  In it he stated that ¨my walk with God...is...¨  I was touched.  What an outlook, for all of us to adapt to our lives, right.  Our Savior is always with us, we have to look to him and remember him.   

This week a crazy storm hit and we had to run and take cover for 20 minutes or so until the crazy part past. You literally couldn´t hear anything and the rain was just pounding.  Hna Silva and I were only out in it for a few minutes running from a house of an investigator and taking cover in a near by dispensia.  Anyway later that evening I was freezing.   We were contacting and I was thinking ¨why, why ,why??..¨ No one would let us in, it was freezing, there was wind, and we were soaking.  uh.  But then I remembered... to look up.  I forgot to ask ¨what?¨ :)  What can I learn from this... what a fun story to tell my kids when I am older.   Then to top things off with a cherry… Celia and Kristhian got their car back so they can drive us around and are always more than willing to and practically jumped for joy when we asked them to accompany us to visit with some investigators.  We visited familia Reyes.  Ramona, the mother, almost has an answer.  She is praying so hard and came to church yesterday.  I love them so much.  With the knowledge of the plan of salvation it has helped and comforted them so much.  Testimonies of Celia and Kristhian were just off the charts. Oh, absolutely PERFECT!!!  We passed by Kristhian and Celia in a momento dificil just like familia Reyes and they bore testimony to what a blessing we and this message has been to them.  This was Friday and Celia was blowing me away.  Her testimony is rock solid... should have heard her at her baptism.  Oh amazing.  She said I have never been more sure that this IS the camino Dios preparo por todos. It is so true.  This is the path our Lord prepared for EVERYONE of us since the beginning.

Speaking of the baptism, oh it was incredible. Kristhian received the priesthood yesterday morning and had the opportunity to baptize Celia.  Today early in the morning he left on a 3 week vacation to Japan.  Incredible how the Lord works.  His time table is perfect.  Celia couldn´t have been happier.  Her girls were so cute as well.  Jazmin was the happiest I have seen.  Precious little moment:  As Kristhian and Celia were waiting Jazmin and I walked over to look at the font.  She took my hand and I looked down at her... she wore the biggest smile and gave me a big hug telling me how excited she is for the day her dad will baptized her.  :)  I will never forget the day my dad baptized me.  A moment unforgetable and I will always remember the peaceful feeling that just flooded over me.  Jazmin turns 8 the 21 de Febrero.

OH SUPER EXCITING NEWS... TWO THINGS...

#1:  Asistencia en la Iglesia ayer: 170 personas!!!

#2:  ME VOY!!!!  Serious. I will be all tears the next few days leaving my dearest Loma Pyta and my dearest hija Hermana Silva. Oh I want to cry… I won´t be spending my birthday or Christmas in Loma!!!  I am going to miss everyone so flippin much.  And just when I felt like I knew everyone so well. Loma is my home!  I will have spent almost 6 meses aquí.   Soooo... want to hear where I am going ??  :)
Campo Grande!! It is behind the Caballería in Loma, so practically neighbors. Happy I am not headed too far.   PLUS, para que sepan.... I will be companions with Hermana WOOD!!! She is currently a Sister Training Leader and her comp leaves Thursday, which means... Hermana Owen (me :) will be... the new Sister Training Leader!!!  Ya I am kinda freakin out as well but super stoked. Super sad to leave Celia. Haven´t told anyone yet and I don´t know what to do cuz I have one day to say goodbye to everyone!! Oh I want to cry!!!   All is well, all is well.

Forgot to mention a stellar part of the baptism ayer... Hermana Pelicó, Hermana Vasquez, Hermana Silva, y yo cantamos, ¨I am a Child of God,¨ First verse in Spanish, second in English, and third is GUARANI!  I am in love with guarani!! I am learning a ton but don´t worry focusing on the Spanish.  The book of mormon goal is coming mas o menos.  I am striving.  I wish you all a fabulous week.  
XOXO
Con mucho Cariño y un beso (like Celia always says over the phone), 
Hermana Owen 

P.S.  Pday was super fun... fuimos para montar bicicletas en el Botanico (it´s like a forest/garden/zoo)  and oh my life it was absolutely amazing!! Giant trees, covered in vines, and bright orange flowers blossoming, as clouds passed over and the breeze just ran against my face.  Oh I really needed that.  This work is exhausting sometimes. But  I love it.  RO HAY HU! (I love you in guarani)
this wasw our fun pday,  it was a BLAST!! biked through THE most beautiful place!!! oh HUGE great Botanica se llama with GIGANTIC trees covered in moss
and blooming flowers, tons of clouds and breeze so fun!!

haha puede ver how bad i was sweating my arms were dripping and my face yuck


No comments:

Post a Comment